Monday, December 15, 2008

Light Christmas Fruit Cake


LIGHT CHRISTMAS CAKES DONE & READY FOR PACKAGING


FRUIT AND NUTS SOAKING IN BRANDY!

This year was my first attempt at making a traditional Christmas Fruit Cake. I knew that I wanted a light one and I knew it would need lots of fruit and nuts. I spent days looking at lots of recipes from many different sources. I finally found one I really liked. It was more of an outline than defined recipe which gave me the choice of what I wanted to put in it.
I used mostly the innards of a DUNDEE cake for the fruit and then for nuts I used Pecans and slivered Almonds. I soaked the fruit in Orange flavored Brandy for 2 days (so busy could not get back to it the next day). I bought small muffin tins from the Dollar store. They are about the size of a pound of butter and came in a batch of 5 for $1. I bought 2 sets and used 8 of them.
I did cook the cakes for about 1 & 1/2 hours.
Then I brushed straight brandy on top when done.
They have been sitting for a couple of days. I will wrap them tonight in plastic wrap and then put them in special Christmas bags with name tags as part of the formal table setting for Christmas dinner.
I enclose the link to the Recipe. Just Click on either Picture above....
Enjoy.

-The Guest House



Thank you for stopping in at "The Guest House".
Send all inquiries to: guesthousehomestay@gmail.com

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

How Many Visitors Have I Had?

OUR GUESTBOOK - PLEASE SIGN OR READ

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

BUS / SKYTRAIN SERVICE

BUS / SKYTRAIN SERVICE
Translink - Vancouver's public transit system. Plan your trips ahead of time. Find your way before you get here. See how you can get around. Look up your bus route. How long is it going to take you???? Come Prepared. Know how to get where you are going and how long it will take you.

Search This Blog

PLEASE - Help Save a dog from A HIGH KILL SHELTER

PLEASE - Help Save a dog from A HIGH KILL SHELTER
These are not Puppy Mill Dogs, but dogs that have been dumped at a HIGH KILL Shelter with under a week to find a home or they will be destroyed. WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP? DONATIONS will keep these dogs from being killed and help in finding them loving families they can call HOME. (Click on the picture to be taken to web site to donate)